Virustatic Shield (snood) 360 Face Mask
- Code: VSHIELD
The Virustatic Shield helps slow the spread of viruses like no other face mask currently on the market.
Its revolutionary protein coating disables viruses on contact. The full face snood is lightweight and can be worn with comfort for hours at a time. it is safe to handle, reuse and effective for up to 3 washes.
It is a result of 10 years research and testing between Virustatic and the Manchester Institute of Biotechnology and other academic institutions.
The Virustatic Shielf (manufactured in the UK by Carrington Textiles) has been proven in the lab to be 96% effective against influenza viruses including Cornonavirus, SARS, MERS and the common cold.
- Antiviral coating neutralises more than 96% airborne viruses
- Cuts risk of cross contamination from saliva droplets
- Prevents and protects against airborne virus transmission
- Hygienic fabric coating disables virus, so your Shield is safe to touch
- Protects your critical virus infection points: mouth, nose and ears
- Protein coating continues to protect for 3 washes (hand wash only)
- Class 2 PPE
- Non hazardous disposal
- Multi layer anti-counterfeit security
- Natural fabric for breathability
- Designed for comfort
- Easy fit for all ages
“The surface of the material is very adhesive to virus and the material itself can inactivate the virus once bound. The material can be used in face masks or as part of antiviral surfaces” Prof Sabine L. Flitsch, The University of Manchester
The science behind the Shield
Independent University testing Coronavirus infects its host by binding to receptors in the upper respiratory tract. Once there it can cause coughs, fever, breathing difficulties and, in severe cases, organ failure.
Each coronavirus is wrapped in a protein “envelope”.
Virustatic Shield’s innovative fabric coating disrupts this protective membrane, killing the virus. Virustatic Shield’s cationic properties mean it works on a virus even though it is 400 times smaller than a human hair and easily small enough to pass through material.